Questions to Ask Your Health Care Professional
If you think you might be at risk for kidney disease, talk to your health care professional during your next medical visit.
- What is my GFR?
- What is my urine albumin result?
- What is my blood pressure?
- What is my blood glucose (for people with diabetes)?
Other Important Questions
- What happens if I have kidney disease?
- What should I do to keep my kidneys healthy?
- Do I need to be taking different medicines?
- Should I be more physically active?
- What kind of physical activity can I do?
- What can I eat?
- Do I need to talk with a dietitian to get help with meal planning?
- Should I be taking ACE inhibitors or ARBs for my kidneys?
- How often should I get my kidneys checked?
Print this list of questions and bring it with you to share with your provider.
Page last updated: March 1, 2012